Friday, July 2, 2010

Grumpy Max

Any one who claims girls and boys start out the same and are given their male and female characteristics by society has never (never say never, but I am betting) not raised a child of the opposite gender.
Max is such a boy! I have not realized how physical and tactile boys really are until this last 6 months. He want to throw, flop on to, kick, smack and squish everything he can. I love him dearly but it is driving me nuts.
This charming behavior has resulted in many time outs at the Tot-Lot as he cannot resist the urge to throw the wood chips from the ground. I can see the inner turmoil every time.
Here is the grumpy face I get every time I make him come and sit.



On the happier side of things the potty training is going really well. (Warning: People who have not drug a child through this messy and painful process may not understand) Today, Max actually said he needed to go to the bathroom! And then went without any kicking, flopping or moaning!

No comments: